February 3, 2014

Berlin Magic


During our last snowy week in Berlin, we made ice ornaments using natural materials,


and hung them on the trees outside in the courtyard.


The larger frozen pieces were transformed into lovely arrangements with candles - fire and ice - as part of my Creative Courageous Year course.


We also took a nature walks and shared our photos from around the world.


I admired snowy trees in the park with graffiti walls in the background


and wintery fairytale-like outdoor cafe scenes.


To stay warm inside, we made homemade vinegars and herbal oils to stock our winter pantries


enjoyed recipes for a pumpkin, goat cheese, and tomato galette


winter chickpea stew with pecorino and paprika croutons


and my famous fresh lemon tart, among other things :)


This week, our snow has disappeared, but I still enjoy walking around Berlin, finding small things that make me smile - like these colored lights brightening up a gray afternoon


and this embedded photo on the corner of an old building.


Street art at its finest - and a touch of Berlin magic for us all.

I hope you are having a wonderful week too!

xoxo
Stephanie

p.s. - Would you like to join me in June or September to explore Berlin yourself? Get all the details about my new Berlin Art + Adventure Workshops here.


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails