November 20, 2009

thereza rowe : artists who blog



Thereza's blog: www.tinyreddesign.com
Thereza's website: www.therezarowe.com

Why did you decide to start a blog?

I was still at university studying for my design degree and felt I needed little place to show my drawings, experiments and illustration work so a blog seemed a good start.



How did you come up with the name of your blog?

Red being my favorite colour, I knew it had to be called something red, so one day, whilst playing with my moleskine the name tiny red popped up. Just like that!



How has blogging affected your work as an artist/designer?

Blogging works like an e-sketchbook for me and it has given me a lot more than I expected as it soon became an outlet to document and keep track of my own journey and development as an illustrator. It became a reminder that each ordinary day can be a special one just through sharing what you have noticed on that day. May it be through a doodle, pictures, a link, etc...



What are your favorite artist/designer blogs? Why?

Oh dear, there are so many! If I mention a few, I know I’ll be forgetting others so let’s just say my favorite blogs are the ones that have a good mix of original imagery, context, honesty and a great personality. Hello my faves, you know who you are!



Do you have any advice for artists/designers who are starting a blog?

It depends on what you intend to achieve... Personally, I blog for fun and it’s an excellent way of networking with like-minded people. I’d say: Have fun and do it because you love it.



What has been the most positive and inspirational aspect of having a blog for you?

Networking and interacting with amazing artists who I might otherwise not have had the opportunity to... There’s so much good stuff out there and to be inspired and be able to inspire whilst being part of a community is such a great feeling. Also, the feedback I get from visitors is awesome!



What do you find the most difficult/most rewarding part of having a creative profession?

Most difficult>> handling the business side of things... eventually I might need an agent and an accountant, I think... most rewarding>> production, all the way from the brainstorming process through to the final piece.



Other than your blog, what has been the most effective way for you to promote your art/design?

I have a website, a flickr account and a twitter page and iI think it’s more than enough... there are far too many social networks nowadays, can’t keep up!

Offline >> business cards, postcards, etc



How do you maintain a healthy work/life balance?

That’s a tough one! I have a quite hyperactive head and even when I’m not working I’m always noticing, processing, thinking of what’s next... it’s part of doing what you love, I guess...



What would you like to accomplish by the end of 2009?

Oh my, that’s only a couple of months away... so, other than getting more commissions, nothing massive...
From a work’s perpective I want to see if I can organize myself to open a little online shop plus learn to do more with my wonderful Canon SRL camera would be good too ☺

Thanks Thereza!



22 comments:

cindy shake said...

Stephanie you always find the best "artists who blog!!" Your Blog inspires me to update (and add to my blog!) the artful blogs I read :o) thanks again. Thereza's work is very bright and fresh. I also love to see other artist's work spaces -glad she is a Mac user too!

Sarah said...

Thereza is one of my favourite artists to visit! Glad to find her here too! I love reading your blog as it is always so interesting and as Cindy Shake says you find the great artists!

aimee said...

i could jabber for hours on end about how much i love thereza's work! she is one of the artists who inspired me to start blogging in the first place. i really admire how she uses her blog purely as a tool for process and discovery, and how she captures the immediacy of a moment in her photos and drawings. not to mention the girl is just out of this world talented. super interview!

pixie said...

what great work!!

Aris said...

Thereza was one of my first blog addictions. I love to visit she is so talented, so original , so fun and on top of it all she can sing!!!!

www.mermaidgallerynelson.com/ said...

I come here to find cool art to peruse. Very yummy..thanks

Fruenswerk said...

Yes, T. is one of my "blogfriends" if you can be that?
We never met...
I like her work very much...so this was great to see T.´s face...hihi and cocktails...
and read the interview :)))))

Zee Longenecker said...

Ooh, I like her style a lot, I found her work recently through you, Stephanie! This blogland is wonderful, I am always amazed by so many artists. I feel so happy!

gretchenmist said...

sweet + beautiful ~ thanks for the intro!
off to read and see more :)

Jo said...

Thereza's work is so spontaneous and beautiful. Thanks for this great interview!

Julianna said...

such a fabulous feature!!! love her work so much!

Alexandra Hedberg said...

Great that you interviewed Thereza! I love that you intreview more and more of my blog friends. They are the best of artists - and bloggers!

Thanks!

red or gray said...

your art is so much fun!! and your statement resonates with me:

"It became a reminder that each ordinary day can be a special one just through sharing what you have noticed on that day."

that is why I blog!!

VI said...

柔情聊天室.免費視訊聊天1768.情色聊天室.彩虹視訊交友網.5分鐘護半身視訊美女.豆豆視訊聊天室.免費聊天交友616.檳榔西施影片.免費情人視訊網 d760.辣妹視訊聊天室.視訊交友網50024.免費視訊聊天秀.免費視訊-美女館.s38想看一下激激.情色影片.玩美女人視訊網.免費a片無碼.成人聊天室hibb.童顏巨乳-免費視訊聊天室.888post 視訊辣妹.kk 視訊聊天室.免費影音視訊fm358.免費成年人影片.520聊天室meet520 net.免費視訊聊天 msn.kkg亞洲免費影片.援助交際聊天室.杜雷斯正妹牆.援助交際留言板.限制性漫畫.免費視訊美女影音觀賞.影音視訊fm358.視訊交友hibb.影音聊天.love104 影音 live.戀愛交友視訊網.18成人space.免費視訊聊天 ex.視訊聊天室ilover99.台灣妹色網.哈啦視訊聊天室.1007視訊聊天.聊天室找一夜.視訊聊天室交友.交友網愛戀之旅.18x us.成人情色網站.是男人就幫她脫.全國最大俱樂部.網交成人聊天室.完全免費視訊聊天.視訊交友聊天室 no8.美女視訊聊天室.視訊美女linnet.免費視訊聊天aqaq.免費視訊pgsql.av127影音視訊聊天室.武則天視訊聊天室.無碼免費.愛上女主播視訊聊天室.1007視訊聊天室.線上 free 色性影片區

Esti said...

thereza never fails to amaze me and inspire my days. Her colorful and clean illustrations are great! Thanks for the interview; it's been a good read.

Cathy Nichols Art said...

Love this artist!!! Those rainbows remind me of a childhood box of tiny painted rainbows that I cherished. Each rainbow was different, and I used to love choosing my "rainbow of the day."

Hence72 said...

ACE!n

stephanie levy said...

I'm so glad to hear you like Thereza's work and are enjoying the interviews! I feel so inspired by the artists featured here too :)

Paper House said...

wonderful wors, love her style!

elisvermeulen said...

For the last couple of days I've been going through all the links you have put together. Really nice. :) thanks.

ninainvorm said...

Thereza's blog & work is an absolute favorite of mine, I think she already knows! But I'm very happy to repeat it again ;).

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

great stuff!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails